Friday, 23 March 2012

Perfect Piping of Mallows & Truffles

Well here it is my recipe and tips for piping Bath Bomb Mallows and Truffles with Butters...
100g Citric Acid
300g Sodium Bicarbonate
Colour
Fragrance
150-200g Shea Butter (Melted)
I don't measure exactly my Shea butter I melt a jug full as any left over will be used for the next batch...
1. Get your cupcake papers set out ready as time is of the essence when making mallows/truffles...
2. Pop your jug of Shea Butter into the microwave and slowly and gently melt it... Try not to let it get hot.
*If your Shea is hot when you add it to your mixture it will expand and won't be pipeable (But perfect for Bath Muffins that you do want to rise)*
3. Measure out your Citric and Bicarb then slowly add your cooled (but still liquid) Shea butter blending it in a bit at a time... I use the back of my spoon and push the mixture on the side of the bowl... Just keep going until you have a nice creamy mix (but not sloppy) and then I add just a little more as there nothing more annoying than it setting in the icing bag.
*You do have to be reasonably quick as it does set quite quickly*
4. Once you have a nice soft creamy consistency spoon it into your icing bag as quickly as possible and start piping...
*If you want to add colour or fragrances it does become a bit more tricky as the mixture reacts differently.
Mica's and powdered colours definitely work better but if you want to use water based colours and fragrance blend them in to the bicarb on its own and let it dry out for an hour... Then add your Citric and Shea Butter as before*
Add your decorations as quickly as possible as again the mixture does dry out quickly...
Good Luck and please let me know how you get on <3

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing, m'dear. It's very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I really want to give it a try! Do they bubble?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome <3
    No these don't bubble I personally don't use the chemicals that create the bubbles in my products but I am sure you could create a recipe to include bubbles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with me too :-)

    ReplyDelete